What is a plate roll?
A plate roll turns sheet metal into a cylinder or radiused part. The machines are commonly used for rolling large quantities of cylinders in the same day. They can also be used to roll coninical shapes by tilting the rollers or using conicical-shaped rollers.
Sometimes a plate roll is also referred to as a “roll bending machine” or “plate bending machine”.
Many plate rolls have 3 or 4 rolls. Usually a top roll stays in place while the side rolls move to adjust bending angles. The sheet metal is fed through the rolls by hand.
Plate rolls can be mechanical or hydraulic. The radius of bends can be programmed and controlled by an NC control for exact precision and consistency.
Available plate rolls
Share this article
Get Our Catalog
Sign Up to Receive a Kaast Catalog
- 13 May 2020General Pros and Cons of Laser, Plasma, and Water Cutting
- 02 Dec 2019Fabtech 2019 Recap
- 26 Sep 2019Customer Spotlight: DK Custom Products
- 16 Jul 2019How To: Buying a Press Brake
- 09 Apr 2019When the Machine You Need Doesn’t Exist, Use a KAAST Machine to Create It