Sweeney Metalworking is a prototype stamping company near Bridgeport, Michigan with 28 years of experience.
They specialize in metalworking for the automotive industry.
Owner Doug Sweeney discovered KAAST at a trade show, and bought the HPC 70-S hydraulic press about 2 years ago, for a big job that was coming up.
“We needed a press with the pressure pad on the bottom, and this one came with a 40 ton press on the bottom along with the main 77 ton press. We’ve used it pretty heavily, about 10-12 hours a day, and it’s run well with no issues.”
Sweeney Metalworking forms a broad range of materials, from 0.005” thick aluminum foils to 1/4” thick HSLA sheet. They also form Brass, Stainless, Hasteloy, and Inconel.
When designs and deadlines change, Sweeney adapts swiftly to meet their customers needs. Their 13,000 square foot machine shop and press department can handle your prototype stamping and tooling needs.
4450 Marlea Dr.
Saginaw, MI 48601
Share this article
Get Our Catalog
Sign Up to Receive a Kaast Catalog
- 27 Mar 2018A Family-Run Job-Shop Takes Things to the Next Level
- 01 Feb 2018What is a press brake and why do I need one?
- 27 Dec 2017Illinois High School Trains Future Machinists on Kaast Plate Roll
- 08 Nov 2017Fabtech Day 3. We’re still standing!
- 13 Sep 2017Customers love our new Mini VMC. 10,000rpm w/ Fanuc for under $50k!