Port-Max 1300 • 1600
Gantry type machining center
Port-Max 1300 • 1600
Optional with Heidenhain iTNC 530, 15” LCD. Other sizes available on request.
- Port-Max series mills are especially suitable for large and heavy workpieces. The gantries have feed in all axes, thus avoiding the movement of the workpiece. The rigid machine table supports loads up to 2000 kg/m² (400 lbs/ft²) and thus offers sufficient provision for very large workpieces.
- The guidance concept uses high-load roller linear guides. This avoids the slip-stick effect and ensures permanent precision over many years, even with the heavy demands of hard everyday production. The accuracy of this machine is truly remarkable. The feed length interacting with the high-resolution digital drives allow it to always deliver accurate parts to customers.
- Standard tool changer with 24 positions, ZF Duoplan transmission for main spindle with max. 660 Nm (487 ftlb) torque, automatic lubrication, and double chip conveyor provide for an effective basic model in this series, ideal for numerous milling applications.
- Flexibility in the choice of CNC controls (Mitsubishi, Siemens, Fanuc, or Heidenhain), together with options like IKZ, various milling heads and glass scales, enable this machine to meet just about any customer requirements.
Optional milling heads
- Numerous applications of this machine can be realized with the optional milling heads. 90º angle heads in controlled and manual versions, 5-side automatic indexing heads, and 5-axis fully simultaneous heads highlight the performance of this machine concept.
- The guidance and drive elements built into the machine table also permit the use of multiple portals on one machine with comparatively low additional costs. In this way, several components can be machined in parallel or a single component can be cut with two portals.
- Fanuc 0i-MD including Manual Guide control
- Electrical handwheel (MPG)
- Spindle oil cooling
- Spindle blow out function
- Coolant system
- Automatic lubrication
- Rigid tapping
- Three-color warning light
- RS-232, W-Lan and CF-card
- ZF-Duoplan 2K2150 L/H gearbox
- Air and coolant gun
- Partial guarding
- Chip conveyors
- Work light
- ATC 24 tools
- Foot pedal for tool change
- X-axis by rack/pinion drive
- High end linear roller guideways
- Tool kit
- Leveling pads
- Operation manual
- Mitsubishi, Siemens or Heidenhain control
- Coolant through spindle, CTS 35/70 bar (500/1000 psi)
- Glass linear scales for selected axes
- Full guarding
- Extended Z-axis travel
- Heat exchanger for electric cabinet
- Additional milling heads
- ATC up to 120 tools
- Tool and workpiece measurement (Renishaw, Blum, Marposs)
Get a quote or call (224) 216-8886
|Specifications||Port-Max 1300||Port-Max 1600|
|4’ Y-axis travel||5’ Y-axis travel|
|Axis travel||X||mm||2000–30000 (78–118”)|
|Y||mm||1300 (51”)||1600 (62”)|
|Z||mm||800 [opt. 1100] (31” [opt. 43”])|
|Distance between columns||mm||1300 (51”)||1600 (62”)|
|Table dimensions (W/L)||mm||1000×2000–30000 (40×78–118”)||1300×2000–30000 (51×78–118”)|
|Spindle-table distance||mm||320–1120 (12–44”)|
|Main spindle motor||kW||15/18.5 (20/24 Hp)|
|Cutting feed rate||mm/min||5–8000 (0.1–314”/min)|
|Rapid traverse – X/Y/Z axis||m/min||15/15/15 (590/590/590”/min)|
|Contol system||MITSUBISHI M70|
|ATC||Vertical ATC, 24 tool magazine|
|Max. tool diameter||mm||Ø125/Ø220 without adjacent tool (4/8”)|
|Max. tool length||mm||400 (15”)|
|Max. tool weight||kg||15 (33 lbs)|
|Max. table load||kg/m2||2000 (400 lbs/ft²)|
|Weight||kg||from 18000||from 20000|
*The above specifications are subject to change without prior notice. No liability for printing mistakes. Machine may be shown with optional equipment.