Below is a great article on the importance of manufacturing and how it relates to everyday life, even celebrating the 4th of July.
The importance of manufacturing
As many of us begin the yearly tradition of packing into a car for a road trip to celebrate Independence Day this July 4th weekend, or as countless people flock to their local supermarkets to stock up on hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, drinks, ice, and decoration, and as fireworks stands pop up out on our nation’s highways servicing thousands, I am reminded of one thing this holiday: Manufacturing.
On the road we see freight motor carriers filled with various manufacturers products. You see, in order to pull off a festive and memory filled July 4th topped off by the “Oohs and Aahs” of a fireworks show, all that stuff must be made by a manufacturer. Manufacturing is July 4th, and the backbone of the US Economy.
Share this article
Get Our Catalog
Sign Up to Receive a Kaast Catalog
- 27 Mar 2018A Family-Run Job-Shop Takes Things to the Next Level
- 01 Feb 2018What is a press brake and why do I need one?
- 27 Dec 2017Illinois High School Trains Future Machinists on Kaast Plate Roll
- 08 Nov 2017Fabtech Day 3. We’re still standing!
- 13 Sep 2017Customers love our new Mini VMC. 10,000rpm w/ Fanuc for under $50k!